Contact & Directions
Hound Ears Club
328 Shulls Mill Rd
Boone, NC 28607
The paths to mountain tranquility are many and diverse, but, letís get practical: How do I get to Hound Ears? The roads are winding but the views are worth every mile.
- The Boone Area is served by Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).
- Smaller, charter planes may use the Boone Airport ,(828) 265-3598.
Directions from Charlotte
- Take I-85 N towards Gastonia
- Take exit 17 for US-321 N
- Stay on US-321 for 71 miles
- In Blowing Rock, turn left onto Main Street.
- Turn right at SR 221 and Main Street onto US-221 S/Yonahlossee Rd
- Turn right onto State Road 1552
- Immediately turn left onto Shulls Mill Road
- Slight right to stay on Shulls Mill Road
- Welcome to Hound Ears Club (on your right)
Directions from Triad, Raleigh (east)
- From I-40 W, take exit 188 to US-421
- Stay on US-421 for 81 miles
- In Boone, turn left onto NC-105 Extension/US-221 towards Banner Elk
- Stay on NC-105 for 6.5 miles
- Turn left on to Old Shulls Mill Road
- Welcome to Hound Ears Club (on your left)
Surrounding Map Area: